Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Piece of My Heart

I wrote this poem for my first crush from elementary school.
Let's call this person "G". I just remember him being cute and funny.
The reason I wrote this was because while I was admittedly searching on the web for some love poems to find some inspiration and to get into the "mood" of writing, (ears bleeding to death while listening to overated love songs) I found an interesting poll question.
The poll asked whether people remembered thier first love/crushes and 82% of the people said "yes".

The poll: Do you remember your first crush on someone?
82% :Yes
13% :No
3% : I'm not sure I understand what you mean
2% : I prefer not to answer

I fit into the 82% of the 215 voter population, bringing me back to remember the early days of my childhood and how it was spent. So this is the letter for my first crush:

Dear G,
Young childhood days when we played together on the swings
Brings back smiles and fond memories.
I was so immature back then,
And I faintly remember purposefully stepping on your shoelaces and the back of your shoes
Just so that you would look back at me and give a quick scowl.
When you defended me from the teacher by pretending that you were the one who broke the plastic Barbie,
I think I heard myself fall in love all over again.
Because you made me feel tingly, jittery and red-faced.
Maybe it’s just puppy love but I have to confess:
I think I still have some place left in my heart for you.
Because they just say you can’t forget your first love.

P.S. I stopped my bad habit of cracking my knuckles after you got grossed about it.
Thanks.
(because my knuckles aren’t all big and gross, I can still fit my finger through an average ring).

♥ Happy (late) Valentines! ♥

4 comments:

  1. Aww I remember my first crush! Hehe. Yours sounds a lot cuter though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....my first crush... of course I remember him ^^ Your letter was very touching in my point of view because you remember every little detail about the times with your first crush! I'm sure your future bf will be jealous of this guy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. G...Is he who I think he is? ^^. Great poem, Mio. It makes me wonder if I noticed anything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Cad: Thanks! Hehe I wonder what your first crush was like.. :]
    @ Nell: Its nice you remember him! Actually it seems like most of us remember "him" . Thanks for the comment nell.
    @ Mich: I think he is who you think it is haha. I don't think you noticed because
    a) we were so small
    b) we didn't know of eachothers existence until grade...5?

    ReplyDelete